P.A. College is a private Higher Education Institution (HEI) operating in Cyprus since 1983 and has Larnaca as its base-of-operations for easy access from within all other cities in Cyprus and abroad since the Larnaca International Airport is only a few minutes’ drive from the College. The College has applied a strategic decision to operate as a specialist in the field of Business Administration and Business Computing, thus effectively helping to make Cyprus an international business, computing, and management related centre of learning. The provision of exclusively business-related education, has established P.A. College as the leading institution for the future professionals in the business, financial and services industries and the only premier Executive Business School in Cyprus.
P.A. College offers degree programmes RECOGNISED by KY.S.A.T.S. Specifically it offers: (1) Degrees in Business Administration – Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Administration – with specialisations in: General Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, and Marketing Management. (2) degree in Business Computing – Bachelor of Science (Honours).
Our Executive Business School has concentrated its whole curriculum on the fields of accredited Business Administration (accounting, finance, marketing, management, etc.), and IT as applied in business operations. This makes it the only HEI in Cyprus offering degree-level government accredited programmes (Bachelor of Arts with Honours with 3 specialisations), as well as the unique Business Computing Bachelor of Science with Honours degree programme, the only one of its kind in Cyprus and one of only a few in Europe.
The College’s facilities are modern and fully equipped with cutting-edge technology. Faculty staff and students coexist and operate in an ideal environment that promotes any academic activity (learning, education, research, etc.).
POPULAR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
B.A. (Hons) Business Administration, specialisation Αccounting and Finance
Aims of the Programme
The primary objective of the programme is to equip students with substantial knowledge and intellectual skills to pursuit a successful career in the Accounting sector.
Exemptions from Professional Bodies
P.A. College graduates with a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in Business Administration specialising in Accounting and Finance are awarded the following exemptions from internationally recognised Professional Bodies:
• 12 exemptions out of the 15 papers required for the professional qualification of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW/ACA).
• 9 exemptions out of the 13 papers required for the professional qualification of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Β.Α. (Hons) Business Administration, specialisation Marketing Management
Aims of the Programme
The primary objective of the programme is to equip students with substantial knowledge and intellectual skills to pursuit a successful career in the Marketing sector. Additionally, students will develop all the necessary skills for decision-making regarding the management and control of marketing strategy.
Exemptions from Professional Bodies
P.A. College graduates with a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Degree in Business Administration specialising in Marketing Management are exempted from a number of the requirements towards the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Β.Sc. (Hons) Business Computing
Aims of the Programme
The primary objective of the programme is to provide students with excellent skills in relation to computer hardware and software and the applications of computers in the areas of commerce, industry and the public sector.
Cisco Networking Academy
Apart from the academic qualifications acquired, students have the opportunity to be ahead in the sector of Computing with the Cisco exams as P.A. College has been granted the Cisco Networking Academy status.
STRATEGIC COLLABORATIONS AND PROGRAMMES
The strategic programmes ‘Graduates Route to ACA’ and ‘Grant Thornton Route to ACA’ constitute P.A. College as the first Higher Education Institution in Cyprus with two degree strategic programmes in collaboration with the ICAEW and two unique strategic collaborations with KPMG Limited, Cyprus and Grant Thornton Ltd (Cyprus), both reputable auditing firms.
Unique Strategic Collaboration #1: ‘Best Route to ACA’
The B.A. (Hons) degree programme in Business Administration (specialisation in Accounting and Finance) in collaboration with the ICAEW, is the only undergraduate programme in Cyprus which offers 12 exemptions out of the 15 ACA papers and 200 days of Practical Work Experience at reputable Auditing firms in Cyprus, out of the 450 days required for the ACA qualification. The first graduates of the ‘Best Route to ACA' completed the programme in February 2016 and they have all already been employed in reputable auditing firms.
Unique Strategic Collaboration #2: ‘Graduates Route to ACA’
The programme is intended for university degree holders in any field, it has a total duration of only 16 months and prepares participants for an outstanding professional career in the Accounting/Auditing sector. The programme offers students 12 exemptions out of the 15 papers required for the professional qualification of ACA of the ICAEW. Additionally, students have the privilege to participate in a unique training scheme at a reputable auditing firm in Cyprus and secure 1.050 hours of Practical Work Experience which is 1/3 of the total number of hours of work experience required for the professional qualification of ACA.
Unique Strategic Collaboration #3: ‘School Graduates Route to ACA’
The ‘School Graduates Route to ACA’ is a hybrid programme that has been established based on the collaboration of the world-class Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and P.A. College, the Executive Business School in Larnaca.
The programme is intended for secondary school graduates; it has a total duration of 4 years and prepares participants for an outstanding professional career in the Accounting/Auditing sector. The programme offers:
A university degree in Business Administration, with specialisation in Accounting and Finance, which is recognised by KY.S.A.T.S.
12 ACA exemptions out of the 15 papers (maximum number of exemptions) required for the professional qualification of the Chartered Accountant of the ICAEW.
Participation in a unique training scheme at reputable auditing firms in Cyprus that secures at least 1.050 hours of Practical Work Experience (at least 1/3 of the total number of hours of work experience required for the professional qualification of ACA).
- Participants are entitled to the student grant offered by the government which ranges from €2.565 to €3.420 for every year of their studies (Cypriot citizens – based on specific Cyprus Law provisions).
- Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be entitled to an employment offer by the auditing firm.
Strategic Collaboration #4: ‘ACCA ACCELERATE’ Programme
ACCA Accelerate is a partnership programme between ACCA and P.A. College. The programme is intended for all candidates who aspire to pursuit a reputable carrier in business; it has a total duration of 4 years and prepares participants for an outstanding professional career in the Accounting/Auditing sector. The programme offers:
- A university degree in Business Administration, with specialisation in Accounting and Finance, which is recognised by KY.S.A.T.S.
- 9 ACCA exemptions out of the 13 papers (maximum number of exemptions) required for the ACCA professional qualification.
- Participants may be entitled to the student grant offered by the government which ranges from €2.655 to €3.420 for every year of their studies (Cypriot citizens – based on specific Cyprus Law provisions).
- An accelerated path to ACCA membership, by taking the ACCA SBL, SBR, ATX, AAA Papers before completing their undergraduate studies.
- Enhanced career prospects with employers recruiting directly from the Accelerate programme.
- Employability tips and advice from influential business leaders.
- Discounted ACCA Accelerate joining fee and reduced ACCA exam exemption fees.
- No ACCA subscription fees until the year following the student’s graduation.
- Access to the global ACCA community for practical assistance with the student’s studies and future career.
Strategic Collaboration #5: LOMONOSOV MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY AND P.A. COLLEGE DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMME
Lomonosov Moscow State University and P.A. College have established a collaboration on the basis of a joint degree which awards a double qualification as follows:
- Moscow State University’s Bachelor of Science in Management Degree which is accredited by the competent Authorities of the Russian Federation and conforms to the stipulations of Main laws/ decrees governing higher education in the Russian Federation.
- P.A. College’s Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration Degree (specialisation Accounting & Finance – 4 year university degree) which is accredited by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education and is recognised by the Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications. The specific degree programme has also been awarded 12 exemptions (Credits for Prior Learning – CPL) out of the 15 modules required towards the ACA qualification of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Strategic Collaboration #6: KEELE UNIVERSITY AND P.A. COLLEGE 2+2 ARTICULATION AGREEMENT
P.A. College and Keele University, a top UK university, have entered into a 2+2 articulation agreement. The collaboration allows qualified students studying in the Business Administration and Business Computing degree programmes at P.A. College to enter Keele University with advanced standing in any of the University’s programmes listed below:
- Accounting and Business Management
- Business and Human Resources Management
- Business Management and Finance
- Economics and Finance
- International Business Management
- International Business and Marketing
- Marketing and Business Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Management with Integrated Master’s
Upon successful completion of two years of study at P.A. College, qualified students can transfer to Keele University for two years of study in one of Keele’s degrees in the list above and be awarded the relevant degree from Keele University.
The specific route to UK university education requires no GCSE/GCE passes and no involvement of UCAS. Both EU and non-EU students who enrol at P.A. College are eligible to follow the specific unique route.
P.A. College graduates are employed within a short period of time upon graduation. 100% of the graduates who participated in ‘The Best Route to ACA' programme in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been employed by internationally recognised auditing firms in Cyprus. The same applies in the case of graduates with degrees in Business Computing and Marketing Management. The quality of education and unique advantages of P.A. College graduates enable them to secure positions in the public, banking, semi-public and private sectors with bright prospects for the future. Employers highly acknowledge the excellent quality of education offered at P.A. College.
The College’s student body comprises mainly of Cypriots and a small number of international students from other European countries. The College is really proud of its students’ high academic standard and excellent performance.
P.A. College graduates have a wide choice in terms of how they can proceed for their postgraduate studies since they have the opportunity to embark onto a plethora of Master’s degree programmes overseas. As a result, graduates have successfully completed Master’s and Doctoral degree programmes mainly in U.K. and U.S. universities.
P.A. College participates in several European programmes, including the Erasmus+ exchange programme. Faculty members of the College are invited to teach, give presentations to students in other European universities, as well as exchange research ideas. Faculty members from Europe come to the College and deliver lectures and presentations to students. College students attend programmes offered by European universities whilst at the same time the College hosts exchange students from several European countries. Furthermore, the College participates in funded academic research projects through the national and European agencies.