The application for a student visa needs to be accompanied by the following documents (documents must be translated from the original language into Greek or English):
- Readable and confirmed/stamped copy of a valid passport or other valid travel document. The passport/document should be valid at least for the expected duration of the study programme or for at least two years.
- In case the applicant student is a minor, parental consent is required.
- Non-criminal record certification by the student’s national authorities.
- Confirmed health certificate along with medical tests for tuberculosis, hepatitis B and C, syphilis, HIV/AIDS. The validity of the certificate should not exceed the period of four months.
- Confirmation of admission to a tertiary education institution to study for a programme of studies including a description of the programme and its duration.
- Confirmed recent certification (not longer than six months) by a banking institution in the student’s country, confirming that the student is able to pay the required fees and living expenses. In case the student was awarded a scholarship, the necessary documents should be submitted including reference to the institution providing the scholarship and if this is based in the country of the student. The bank certification must be accompanied by a statement of bank account showing a balance of at least €7000 for the month before the submission of the application.
- Academic qualifications records confirmed by the issuing institution. In addition to the formal certificate, an analytical transcript – indicating individual marks – should be provided.
- Payment of the relevant fee of €85,43.
Confirmation of the documents from countries that have signed the 1961 Hague Convention implies the bearing of the Apostille seal which does not have to be translated.
In other cases, the documents must be confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the student’s country of origin and then validated by the Diplomatic mission of the particular county in Cyprus, or the Diplomatic mission of Cyprus in the specific country.
Documents must be translated in Greek or English either by the Public Information Office (PIO) in Cyprus or an approved translator. The translated documents must be confirmed as described above.
Documents from Russia and Serbia are not subject to confirmation as long as they are duly signed and stamped by the issuing state authority. Documents submitted by candidates from China need to be validated by the Chinese Ministry of Justice in which case the diplomatic/consular confirmation is not required.
Upon arrival the above documents must be submitted along with the presentation of a valid passport, the visa document, and the amount of $2400 or €2000 in cash. The application for a Resident’s Permit requires the submission of a copy of a valid passport, a health and accident coverage insurance, a health certificate and X-rays stamped and signed by a State Hospital Doctor, a local bank certificate that the amount of at least €5000 has been transferred/wired in the student’s personal account to cover his/her fees and living expenses (in addition to the €2000 in cash presented at the airport upon arrival). Furthermore, a bank guarantee by the academic institution undertaking to cover the repatriation expenses of the student, two passport size photos as well as the payment of the amount of €68,34.
Prospective students from the countries listed below should attend personal interviews held at the Embassies of Cyprus in their countries:
- Sri Lanka